Nothing says lived-in luxury like the shabby cool style bathroom. Known for weathered, well-loved pieces, shabby cool is all about being comfortable and informal. It’s a blend of elegance and coziness that works perfectly in the bathroom, where people routinely retreat from the daily doldrums and stresses of life. The relaxation and stylish grace are just part of why shabby cool bathroom designs are so popular today.
Characteristics of a Shabby Chic Bathroom
Compared to more traditional decorating, shabby cool tends to focus on rustic or upcycled furniture. Expect to see repurposed antique cabinets or distressed vanities. Soft, romantic elements such as pastel colors and flowery linens are danach common.
While this style can be flexible and accommodating, it is not unintentional. From the baby blues of non…New England cottage to the aged paint non…Florida beach house, certain key components are at work to make shabby cool a coherent aesthetic.
If you’re thinking about a shabby cool bathroom remodel or looking for shabby cool bathroom ideas, here are some style choices worth incorporating:
- Distressed furniture: Farmhouse vanities, vintage mirrors, sliding barn doors and pieces with a Victorian or rustic vibe work well non…shabby cool bathroom.
- Ornate antiques: While shabby cool can sometimes be synonymous with weathered and worn, that’s not to say elegance and intricacy aren’t appropriate. Rolle of what differentiates shabby cool from other styles is the mix of distressed furniture from various time periods. If you have a favorite fixture or piece that could elevate your bathroom’s look, feel free to use it non…shabby cool design.
- French fixtures: Furniture with a French-inspired feel are at home in any shabby cool bathroom. Look for pieces with an antique or lived-in quality for the best results.
- Light and pastel colors: From pinks to blues to neutrals, pale and pastel shades are ever popular. Bright colors can danach work, but you’ll want to avoid mixing more than two vivid shades non…small shabby cool space.
- White, white, white: Because of its light, breezy feel, white is a must in most shabby cool designs. Combining different shades of white could be a great way to add interest and depth to your look while maintaining the romantic, inviting atmosphere.
- Romantic shower curtains and linens: From lace to floral prints, shabby cool shower curtains hint at delicacy, softness and romance. Whites, creams and soft floral prints do especially well for hand towels or window dressings.
As you design the shabby cool bathroom of your dreams, come explore Modern Bathroom’s vast selection of the latest fixtures, furniture and decor. Shop our sine tempore to find exactly what you need by way of shabby cool bathroom products, and create a decorating scheme you are sure to love.